Colours of Festival & Foods
Holi Festival & Food Experience
2 – 14 pax
starts and finishes in Delhi
23rd February – 11th March 2020
Luxury small coach and 1 internal flight
AUD $6,745 twin share
Click below to receive the full itinerary
For those who want to experience the colours of India's spring Holi Festival as well as some of the best food and destinations in Rajasthan.
This vibrant ancient Hindu festival welcomes the coming of spring and symbolizes the triumph of good over evil. There are two main legends surrounding the Holi festival. We will be celebrating in the special location of Vrindavan and Mathura.
The Holi legend here celebrates the memory of the divine love of Radha for Krishna. Lord Krishna had developed a characteristic blue skin colour after Putana, a demon, poisoned him with her breast milk. Krishna worried if the fair-skinned Radha and her companions would ever like him because of his skin colour. Krishna's mother Yashoda suggested he approach Radha and smear her face with any colour he wanted. Fascinated by the idea, Krishna proceeded to do so and thus, introduced the festival of colours.
Mathura is the birth-place of Lord Krishna, and Vrindavan is the place where he grew up in his childhood. Celebrating Holi here is particularly significant with the biggest Holi festivities witnessed at Dwarka Dheesh Temple in Mathura. Early morning, the priests make Bhaang and by 10 AM, the celebration starts.
Tastes of North India
The everyday colour of India can be found in the spices and food of India. We will explore both the best of Rajasthan's dishes as well as street food. India's street food is fundamental to life in cities and when you ask a local what their favourite dish is - you will always receive a different answer.
We believe that having a comfortable hotel to return to allows you to relax in the evening and have a great night sleep.
Our accommodation during this tour will include boutique, heritage and luxury establishments
Delhi: Aerocity 5* (1 night)
Udaipur: Boutique hotel (3 nights)
Village Setting: Rawla Narlai (1 night)
Jodhpur: Heritage hotel (3 nights)
Village Setting: Mandawa (3 nights)
Jaipur: 5* hotel (2 nights)
Agra: 5* (3 nights)
- An escorted tour by Susanne from India Dreaming.
- English speaking local guides.
- White cotton Holi outfit
- Personal meet & greet at the airport and transfer to the hotel on arrival.
- Transfer to Delhi airport at the end of the tour.
- Luxury vehicle and internal flights (15 kg luggage allowance on domestic flights.)
- All local transport on group activities in air conditioned luxury vehicles and auto-rickshaw with driver tips.
- Internal flights (15kg luggage allowance included.)
- Accommodation in the nominated hotels (including bell-hop tips.)
- Breakfast and meals on our activities as well as nominated formal meals.
- Bottled water will be provided on our coach (but other drinks will need to be paid for personally.
- Single entry entrance fees when on group activities.
- Local tips for local guides, drivers and gratuities at hotels.
- We travel with a WiFi dongle to allow access when on the road. Many of the hotels will include some WiFi access.
- Travel wallet, luggage tags and welcome book.
- International airfare
- Visa (advice provided)
- Travel Insurance (mandatory)
- Activities undertaken on free days
- Personal expenses that you decide to incur, such as room service, mini-bar, laundry, phone calls.
- Camera and video fees at monuments.
- Drinks at while on tour (water will be provided on the bus).
- Excess luggage fees on internal flights (we will help with organizing couriers to either Delhi or your home).