Highlights of North India Women on Tour
Are you ready for an adventure?
This tour is for women who enjoy travel and would like to join a group of other like minded people. Whether you have been to India previously, or if it is your first time, you will experience a tour that allows for flexibility and moves at a slower pace. You will be escorted by Susanne from India Dreaming.
2 to 14
To be advised
Most intercity travel will be by air
AUD $6,490 pp twin share
GBP $3,680 pp twin share
USD $4,650 pp twin share
If you are a solo traveller and would like to share a room with another lady then please let us know and we will try and match you up.
Our tour commences in the vibrant city of Mumbai. Home to Bollywood and a bustling market for every good you would want to find.
Our first two days are spent getting to know everyone as we explore Mangaldas market and the markets and cafes along Colaba causeway.
We will then fly to Udaipur, known as the Venice of India. The city is built around lakes and some of the James Bond movie Octopussy was shot there. The old city is a car free zone, so you can walk or take an autorickshaw around the narrow streets. You will find many rooftop cafes and restaurants that will provide you with an amazing view.
We will then fly to Jaipur, Rajasthan's Pink City. Jaipur is famous for artisan work feature handblock fabric printing and the blue glazed pottery. We will visit the Amber Fort at Amer, as well as the City Palace. Jaipur is also a hub for gems and jewellery and we will have a demonstration with artisans who are able to create the most intricate pieces by hand.
Our trip to Agra is by a morning train, which allows us to arrive into the city in the early afternoon. Agra is famous for the iconic Taj Mahal, but also has some other interesting offerings. We will explore the city in the afternoon with cafes and artisan workshops.
The following morning we will visit the Taj Mahal for sunrise when the light is soft and quite mystical. We return to the hotel for breakfast before heading to Delhi to spend the night before flying to Jaisalmer.
Our Jaisalmer flight is early in the morning, so it will be a very early breakfast before we head to the airport. Jaisalmer is a favourite fort city perched in the heart of the Thar Desert. Built of golden sandstone the city takes pride in it's heritage, fort and havelis.
We return to Mumbai for our final dinner together, before transferring to the international airport the next day for your onward journey.
The accommodation is at deluxe hotels, which are a mix of heritage and business style.
In Mumbai and Delhi we stay close to the airport for ease of transfers. Our hotels in both places are 5*.
In Udaipur we have s small family run chic hotel that has a fabulous restaurant.
In Jaipur we are based in the city which gives us the perfect launching point for enjoying both sightseeing and great restaurants. It also provides you with ability to have a leisurely breakfast, or perhaps an afternoon siesta.
Jaisalmer is one of the favourite destinations that is less visited. Our hotel is based in the city and very close to the fort.
- You will be met at the arrival gates at Mumbai and transferred to the hotel
- 14 nights accommodation with breakfast
- afternoon-tea on the first day to enjoy while we have our first briefing sessions
- 1 lunch in Mumbai
- 1 group dinner in Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra and Jaisalmer. Depending on groups interests we have a number of select restaurants that we love such as Ambrai in Udaipur and Caffe or Bar Palladio in Jaipur.
- Farewell dinner in Mumbai
- internal flights
- bottle water each day
- transfers between airports and accommodation
- morning train from Jaipur to Agra
- transport for group activities in each destination
- entrance to the Taj Mahal
- tipping of staff at hotels and transport
- International flights to Mumbai
- visa (required)
- travel insurance (compulsory)
- personal expenses at hotels such as room service and laundry
- food not mentioned
- alcoholic drinks
- extra excursions or tours that are not included can be organized for you, which will be extra