Textile Treasures for Fabric Lovers
6 to 14
No. of nights: 15 nights, plus optional 2 night extension to Agra
tour commencement date: November 2020
please register your interest
Transport involved: Coach and internal flights
This tour is perfect for those who love to indulge in fabric and textiles.
On the first day you will be met at the Delhi arrivals terminal at the airport and transferred to our hotel as we wait for the full group to assemble. For those who arrive on morning flights we will have a casual get together in the afternoon so everyone can meet.
The next morning we will drive to our village destination (3 nights) where we explore local village life and local craft artisans at work.
We then drive to Jaipur, visiting Amber Fort at Amer on the way. In Jaipur (4 nights) we will enjoy a one day textile workshop which focuses on natural dyes and shibori and handblock printing. Jaipur is the hub of the famous handblock printing and the markets are a treasure trove of fabric, trimmings and homewares.
From Jaipur we fly to Mumbai (2 nights) were we will visit Mangaldas Market, Colaba Causeway and hopefully drop in on a hand embroidery workshop.
We return to Delhi (3 nights), where we visit some wholesale suppliers of scarves and fabrics. We will visit Old Delhi and enjoy a autorickshaw ride through the busy streets.
For those who wish to visit Agra and view the Taj Mahal we offer a 2 night extension.
You will have a transfer back to the airport for your onward flight.
I firmly believe that quality accommodation, and particularly a good bed and a good night sleep allows my clients to enjoy their trip more.
The hotels we choose are usually of a 4*-5* quality.
Comfort and peace of mind are paramount to relaxing at the end of the day.
- You will be escorted by India Dreaming on the main portion of the tour (not extension). Susanne has been involved in sourcing textiles from India for a number of years and will introduce you to some of her favourite wholesale and retail suppliers, that she is confident will provide good service.
- Breakfast, plus 5 dinners.
- Bottled water each day.
- Personal meet & greet at the airport and transfer to the hotel on arrival.
- Coach and internal flights (15 kg luggage allowance on domestic flights)
- Assistance with shipping fabric home via courier
- Organized and accompanied sightseeing
- We travel with a WiFi dongle to allow access when on the road. Many of the hotels will include some WiFi access.
- All tips and gratuities at hotels and for drivers.
- Transfer to the airport at the end of the tour
- International airfare
- Visa (advise given)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Personal expenses at the hotel such as laundry, room service, mini-bar, phone.
- Excess luggage fees on internal flights (we will help with organizing couriers to either Delhi or your home).